Xiaomi has launched a device targeted at gamers – Xiaomi Black Shark 2. And this time around, it’s using a pressure-sensitive display to cram in even more controls.
The pressure-sensitive display lets you map left and right controls to the screen. So you’ll be able to control your games through the screen, rather than by pressing physical buttons.
Xiaomi Black Shark 2 features a 6.39-inch FHD+ AMOLED display with HDR support, 240Hz touch response rate with touch algorithm optimization especially for gaming, powered by Snapdragon 855 SoC with liquid cooling 3.0
Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Specifications
- Display: 6.39-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 display
- Chipset: Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.84GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- RAM + ROM: 6GB / 8GB RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 8GB / 12GB RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage
- Operating System: Android 9.0 (Pie)
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Camera: 48MP + 12MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Samsung GM1 sensor, LED flash; 20MP front-facing camera
- Sensor: In display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 163.61×75.01x 8.77mm; Weight: 205g
- Network: Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- Battery: 4000mAh battery with 27W fast charging
6GB + 128GB storage goes for $510
8GB + 128GB storage goes for $565
8GB/12GB + 256GB storage goes for $625
Tecno Phantom 9 is on its way
Just in case you still haven’t heard, Tecno Mobile posted a teaser of their next addition to the phantom series. This was posted on their Facebook page about last week Tuesday.
The phantom series is considered to be Tecno’s top innovations, their flagship lineup. Always incorporated with the best hardware & features from the Chinese company. The phantom 9 seems to be following the same sequence.
From the teaser, we supposedly got a few hints (not sure if this is the right word) of what to expect before it is finally revealed. And it has a couple of impressive specs I’d say.
Here are the following specifications from the teaser;
• 6.4 inch Full view AMOLED display
• Android 9 – the latest android version
• In-display Fingerprint sensor
• 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM
• AI triple camera with dual front flashlight
• 3500mAh battery
I think Tecno needs to be reminded of what a teaser mean, because at this point, you’ll have to wonder how this is a teaser. Permit me to called it a spoiler instead.
What else do they have in store? They literally listed every spec we care about in a smartphone today. Well, only time will tell.
iPhone 11 – Is there anything left to announce?
It is still months before Apple unveil their next iPhone, but that has not done enough to avert the ton of leaks online.
The release for the iPhone 11 is set for September this year. Apart from the aesthetics and designs, not much is known about its specifications.
Although there have also been rumors of the iPhone 11 spec sheet, history has severally proven those type of speculations to be unreliable.
Here are the leaked photos. What do you think?