Facetune 2, successor to the popular selfie app, is now available on the iOS App Store but not yet on Android yet. The Android Version should be out in a few weeks but in the meantime Android users can use the first version that's already available on Play Store (note it's paid but you can download it from the link at the end of this post. Going back to the new version, not only does the new and improved app offer all the familiar features of its previous version. Users of its previous iteration will recognize (such as filters and beautifying tools), but it’s also been given a machine learning boost.
First and foremost among the new additions is its 3D facial reshaping function. According to its developer Lightricks, FaceTune 2 uses artificial intelligence to scan your photo in order to understand how your features should be reshaped to fit naturally with the rest of your face. It’s like a plastic surgery app in your pocket. You can even use it to add a smile to the photos in which you’re otherwise looking way too serious.
Conveniently, Facetune 2 also introduces live preview tools to the mix, allowing you to check to see how its AR effects and filters look in real-time. Whether you’re smoothing your skin, whitening your teeth, adding anti-glare, or fixing shadows, live preview lets you experiment with the app’s editing features before you save your selfie.
Last but not least, there’s “Relight,” a new feature that lets you strip the lighting from your original photo and re-illuminate it using AI. “Relight enables users to control lighting with the swipe of a finger when taking a photo in any environment, similar to the way conditions are controlled in a live studio,” claims Lightricks.
The FaceTune 2 app is free to download. However, it comes with limited features. Users can pay individually for its extras. Instead, Lightricks is hoping people will fork out for a subscription at N630 per month, N1590 for six months, and N3200 for an entire year to unlock all the current and future functions.
“Consumers’ relationship with mobile apps has come a long way since we launched Facetune, and it has been such a popular app that we wanted to deliver an even more magical experience,” Said Zeev Farbman, co-founder and CEO of Lightricks. “We’re working with the most advanced image-processing technology and delivering it to consumers in an incredibly simple and easy to use interface.”
Features Of Facetune
• Widen or refine your smile
• Whiten and brighten your teeth
• Smooth and rejuvenate your skin
• Remove temporary imperfections like pimples and blemishes
• Brighten dark circles under your eyes
• Emphasize your eyes for a penetrating gaze
• Change your eye color
• Remove red and white-eye effects
• Turn back time and color over grey hair
• Fill bald patches
• Remove stray hairs
RESHAPE FACIAL STRUCTURE
• Refine jaw lines
• Heighten cheek bones and brows
• Reshape your nose
• Enlarge or shrink a specific area of the image
• Totally transform your face into alien or other fun shapes
• Apply any shade of blush and eyeshadow
• Add volume to your lashes and shape your brows
• Add color to your lips
• Add intensity to your natural lip color
• Focus the photo on you, by defocusing or blurring the background
• Improve lighting or add special effects
• Create customized filters
• Add unique textures and customizable frames
• Rotate the image
• Flip to the photo to its mirror image
• Add artistic touches to make your photo your own
• Customizable filters can be applied to the entire photo or to specific areas
• Instantly share your edited photos with your friends & family through social media or e-mail
EASY AND FUN
• Compare your work with the original photo at every step of the way, with only one tap
What can I say about this, another weapon added to the arsenal of girls "catfishing" guys on social media , hehehe. No offense though.
Here are some screenshots from the Android Version
Well Screenshots Weren't Enough For Me So I Decided To Test Out The Android Version
I picked a random picture from the Internet and edited it. Here's what I did. You can see the work of facetune.
Download From the link below. (Android Only)
Once the second version is out for Android devices. I'll let you know
NOTE - ALWAYS TURN OFF YOUR DATA CONNECTION WHEN USING THE ANDROID APP
Need Tech Help? Click Here To Join Our Live Online Radio Show
Wanna Leave Without Sharing This? It's not fair